2020-10-10 Due to the escalation of the Covid-19 situation, the meeting took place via a virtual conference. In the photo, members of the Senate gather
At the sixth meeting of the Senate of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility
2020-08-23 Commemorating the anniversary of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, the members of LRUN joined almost 50,000 citizens and residents of Lithuania in the 33-kilometre live chain "Freedom Road to Belarus", stretching from the Vilnius Cathedral all the way to the border with Belarus at Medininkai.
This event was a show of solidarity with the people of Belarus in their struggle against the oppresive dictatorship of Aliaxander Lukashenka and in their yearning for freedom and for their European future.
The members of LRUN were positioned right at the border with Belarus. They bore Lithuanian and Belarusian flags, as well as the flags of their family coats of arms.
Youtube video of the event, filmed by Evaldas Musteikis
2020-07-25 The Commander of the Navy, Admiral Arūnas Mockus of the Fleet, invited the representatives of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility to participate in the traditional Sea Festival 2020 event.
The wreaths for the descent into the Baltics were consecrated in the Mary Queen of Peace Church in Klaipėda, honoring those who died at sea. President of the Republic of Lithuania G. Nausėda and his wife, Commander of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Lithuania V. Rupšys, Mayor of Klaipėda City V. Grubliauskas and other high-ranking officials of the Republic of Lithuania and representatives of Klaipėda Seaport took part in the ceremony on the mine ship "Kuršis". The Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was represented by LRUN Marshal S. Knystautas and LRUN Western Lithuania Branch Head J. Mockus. During the ceremony, further close relations and cooperation between the Armed Forces of the Republic of Lithuania, the Navy, and the LRUN were discussed.
Thanks to J. Mockus, the head of the Western Lithuania branch, we had a great opportunity to enjoy the moments of the celebration, to watch the parade of historic ships on the Dane River.
2020-07-15 A memorial stone dedicated to the 610th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald was erected in Grunwald.
On this day, a delegation of the highest level of Lithuania and Poland arrived at the solemn commemoration on the battlefield of Grunwald. The official event dedicated to the historic victory of Lithuanians and Poles was attended by: President of the Republic of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda, President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda, Prime Minister of the Republic of Lithuania Saulius Skvernelis, Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland Mateusz Morawiecki, Marshal of the Polish Parliament. Grand Master of the Order of the Virgin Mary Hospital Frank Bayard, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, Minister of National Defense Raimundas Karoblis, Minister of the Interior Rita Tamašunienė, Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania to the Republic of Poland Eduardas Borisovas, other honorable politicians, as well as representatives of various embassies, of the Church, of the army and foreign guests. Among the invited guests were the creators, initiators, and main organizers of the Grunwald Monument Project: representatives of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, the Officer Club of the Vilnius Garrison of the Lithuanian Army and the Lithuanian Armed Forces Reserve Soldiers' Association.
The Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was represented by Perlis Vaisieta, Headman of the Royal Union of Lithuanian Nobility, Stasys Knystautas, Marshal of the LBKS Senate, Kazys Mackevičius, Honorary Headman of VKBS, Elona Varanauskienė, Head of VKBS, LRUN Senators from Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda and Šiauliai. After the Polish Army Orchestra performed the anthems of the Republics of Poland and Lithuania, Marshal Gustaw Marek Brzezin of the Warmian and Masurian Voivodeship gave an introductory speech.
After the congratulatory speeches, the heads of state and prime ministers laid wreaths at the main memorial to the victims of the Battle of Grunwald. After the Polish Army Choir performed a solemn medieval hymn "Bogurodzica" ("Mother of God"), an official ceremony of unveiling a monumental stone with the Lithuanian Vytis dedicated to the 610th anniversary of the victory in the Battle of Grunwald took place. The monument was consecrated by Metropolitan Edmund Piszcz, Archbishop of Warmia, and Darius Trijonis, Bishop of Vilnius Archdiocese.
At the end of the ceremony, the initiators of the monument---Perlis Vaisieta, Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, Col. Romas Žibas, the Leader of the Officer Club of the Vilnius Garrison of the Lithuanian Army, and Capt. Bronius Zaronskis, President of the Reserve Soldiers Association of the Lithuanian Armed Forces--- were invited to place a special memorial capsule for future generations under the monument. Symbolic - this capsule is a shell of a projectile fired by the artillery of the Lithuanian Armed Forces, which contains the monument project, the agreement between Lithuania and Poland on the construction of the monument, as well as a list of all Lithuanian people of good will who contributed to the creation of the project.
Let the Lithuanian Vytis stand forever in the field of Grunwald, reminding of the heroic work of our ancestors between Tanenberg and Grunwald, may the record remain in the stone and in our hearts forever: "From the Lithuanian nation for a common victory"!
2020-07-04 At the fifth meeting of the Senate of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, which took place in Klaipėda:
- The Operating Procedures of the Council of Legitimization were approved with the proposed amendments;
- A working group was formed to prepare new regulations for awarding the title of Honorary Noble: senators Elona Varanauskienė, Dalia Teišerskytė, Algimantas Jazdauskas;
- Regulations for the award of an Honorary Member have been approved;
- A working group was formed to prepare new regulations of the Court of Honor: senators Tauras Budzys, Dalia Teišerskytė, Diana Valskienė;
- The procedure for admitting new members to LRUN has been approved;
- The procedure for LRUN agreements has been approved;
- 39 newly legitimized persons were approved: 19 from Vilnius, 4 from Kaunas, 13 from Šiauliai and 3 from the Western Lithuania branch;
- It was adopted to annul the nobility of Sigute Jazukevičienė (a member of the LRUN since November 26, 2005, recognized as a noble lady through her husband, register No. 2094, coat of arms “Ostoja”), taking into account the request received on 2020 April 14 from Vytautas Jazukevičius (LRUN member since 2004 No. 1761, coat of arms “Ostoja”) to remove his ex-wife Sigutė Jazukevičienė from LRUN members and to annul her nobility;
- LRUN treasurer Laima Bartkienė presented LRUN financial report;
- The Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, Perlis Vaisieta, spoke about the work done;
- On the recommendation of LRUN Marshal Stasys Knystautas, it was decided to award the title of Honorary Noble to Mr. Perlis Vaisieta, the Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, for special merits to the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, the Republic of Lithuania, and the society;
- At the suggestion of Senator Mečislovas Juris of the Union of Nobility of Šiauliai Region, it was decided to ask the government to award state awards to the following persons: Perlis Vaisieta, LRUN Headman, Col. Romas Žibas, the Leader of the Officer Club of the Vilnius Garrison of the Lithuanian Army, the Ambassador of the Repiblic of Lithuania in Poland, the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland in Lithuania, the Commander of Lithuanian Armed Forces, Lieutenant General Valdemaras Rupšys,farmer Afred Aidukas;
- Several options for the Nobility Recognition Act (NRA) were considered, according to the proposal of the Nobility Union of the Vilnius Region, a temporary commission for the adjustment of the LRUN statutes was formed, and other issues were discussed.
2020-05-26 LRUN submitted a press release about the transportation of the monument to Grunwald.
The press release: "Lietuva pradeda minėti Žalgirio mūšio 610-ąsias metines"
2020-05-22 LRUN has signed a long-term cooperation agreement with the leadership of the Lithuanian Armed Forces. The agreement envisions far-reaching activities and initiatives designed to further foster our Fatherland's security, stability, and success.
2020-02-15 At the fourth meeting of the Senate of the Royal Union of Lithuanian Nobility, which took place in Tauragė:
- the adjustment of the statutes of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was discussed, - adjustments did not pass;
- a working group was formed for the publication of the second volume of the encyclopedic publication “Lithuanian Nobles”: Rimantas Stukas (supervisor), Perlis Vaisieta, Aura Bartaševičienė, Dalia Teišerskytė, Leonas Peleckis Kaktavičius, Gražina Šimoliūnienė;
- the procedure for payment and distribution of the legitimation fee has been approved, leaving the total fee amount unchanged;
- The approval of the operating procedures of the Legitimacy Council was postponed to the next meeting;
- the budget of the Union has been formulated and approved;
- it was decided to allow the establishment of chapters of the Union in the United States.
After the Senate meeting, the head of the Tauragė County Nobility Society A. Stankus conducted an interesting tour of Tauragė.
The text translated by Robert Savickas, Vice-Headmen for North and South America